Friday, September 16, 2011

Not Your Fairy Tale!! (a revised personal ad)

Please allow me to apologize for this fact that I must state right up front; I am not your fairy tale. That's right. I am not your Prince Charming, riding in on a white stallion to take you away to my mystical castle where your every need will be attended to. I am the wrong height, weight, skin color, and in the wrong income bracket to meet your paint-by-numbers ideal of Mr. Perfect. I live at the wrong address, move in the wrong social circles and I am probably affiliated with the wrong political party to meet your needs. You have my sincerest apologies.

Now, here is what you will find with me. I am a real person. I make mistakes and am willing to acknowledge them. I try to honor God with my life, my work, my thoughts and even the games I choose to play. I fail, but willingly seek forgiveness when I do. I laugh a lot and sometimes am moved to tears as well. I was born a product of this fallen world and I live as a freed and forgiven son of the King. I won't always be what you want, but no one ever will be except Jesus. With His help, I may be able to be what you need when you need it. This is who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment